As you’ve no doubt heard by now Whotopia is returning to print and we’re gearing up for publication of Issue 28 our first new issue in over a year and a half.
We’re wanting to let you know that we’re seeking material for the upcoming issue. We’re looking for a good mix of serious, investigative, informative and lighthearted articles, features and columns; material that is:
- Material of a controversial, or topical, nature that would inspire feedback from our readers.
- Investigative type articles.
- Lighthearted and/or comical material that are witty, cute, funny and charming. (Nothing sophomoric or juvenile.)
- Material focusing on Torchwood, Sarah Jane Adventures and the recent K9 series.
- Material concentrating on Doctor Who’s vast history and its early days as a television series.
- Material that focus on fandom, fandom history, and what it’s like to be a fan of the world’s longest running science fiction series.
Deadline for Issue 28 is: June 6, 2015
Submitted material should follow the standard Whotopia word count (approximates) which are:
- 800 words = 1 page
- 1500 words = 2 pages
- 2200 words = 3 pages
- 3000 words = 4 pages
- Please check with us first before submitting material longer than 3000 words/4 pages.
Material for publication should be submitted in either text (.txt or .rtf) or Word (.doc) format documents, and sent as attachments in an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
And, as a quick reminder, we’re still looking to hear from those of you who would like to pen a regularly featured column in the zine. If you’ve got an idea for a column, please feel free to drop us a quick note and let us know what your idea is about.
Look forward to hearing from you.
Bob & Jez