Do not read if you do not want to know details about the forthcoming season of Doctor Who.
The titles of the first five episodes that make up the 2012 mini-season have now been confirmed:
- Asylum of the Daleks, written by Steven Moffat, directed by Nick Hurran
- Dinosaurs On A Spaceship, written by Chris Chibnall, directed by Saul Metzstein
- A Town Called Mercy, written by Toby Whithouse, directed by Saul Metzstein
- The Power of Three, written by Chris Chibnall, directed by Douglas Mackinnon
- The Angels Take Manhattan, written by Steven Moffat, directed by Nick Hurran
While the plots for the first three episodes has also been revealed:
Asylum of the Daleks: Kidnapped by his oldest foe, the Doctor is forced on an impossible mission – to a place even the Daleks are too terrified to enter… the Asylum. A planetary prison confining the most terrifying and insane of their kind, the Doctor and the Ponds must find an escape route. But with Amy and Rory’s relationship in meltdown, and an army of mad Daleks closing in, it is up to the Doctor to save their lives, as well as the Pond’s marriage.
Dinosaurs On A Spaceship: An unmanned spaceship hurtles towards certain destruction – unless the Doctor can save it, and its impossible cargo… of dinosaurs! By his side a ragtag gang of adventurers; a big game hunter, an Egyptian Queen and a surprised member of the Pond family. But little does the Doctor know there is someone else onboard who will stop at nothing to keep hold of his precious, prehistoric cargo.
A Town Called Mercy: The Doctor gets a Stetson (and a gun!), and finds himself the reluctant Sheriff of a Western town under siege by a relentless cyborg, who goes by the name of the Gunslinger. But who is he and what does he want? The answer seems to lie with the mysterious, Kahler-Jex, an alien doctor (yes another one!) whose initial appearance is hiding a dark secret.