Interested in contributing to Whotopia?
We are looking for contributors who have a reasonably good knowledge of Doctor Who, Torchwood, K-9, or the Sarah Jane Adventures, to pen material whether it be on the original or new television series, production, design, actors, etc.
**While we looking for new contributors overall, we’re also looking for material for Issue 20 which will be our salute to the David Tennant Era of Doctor Who. If you’d like to pen something that relates to the theme for this issue, please get in touch with us.**
We are looking for the following types of articles:
- Series overview/history (in-depth overview of the TV series)
- Interviews with in-front or behind the camera personnel
- Opinion Pieces
- Topical Discussions
- Themed articles (e.g. minorities in Doctor Who, etc…)
- Original comics
- Era overviews/assessments (eg. the Hinchcliffe years, season 14, etc…
- Other similarly written material
Or submissions can be material to fit in one of our regular features:
- Retroplay (reviews of specific episodes)
- Readers Letters (letters from readers to Whotopia)
Articles should be insightful, informative, grammatically correct and well-written, but not to read like something from college textbooks. Material should still retain that element of ‘fun’.
And if you’ve got an idea for article, please feel free to drop us a quick note and let us know what your idea is about.
Standard word count (approximates) are:
- 800 words = 1 page
- 1500 words = 2 pages
- 2200 words = 3 pages
- 3000 words = 4 pages
- 3600 words = 5 pages
Please check with us first before submitting material longer than 3000 words/4 pages.
For more information, you can contact us at email@example.com or email Bob direct.