Interested in contributing to Whotopia? We are looking for contributors who have a reasonably good knowledge of Doctor Who, Torchwood or the Sarah Jane Adventures, to pen material whether it be on the original or new television series, production, design, actors, etc.
We are looking for the following types of articles:
- Series overview/history (in-depth overview of the TV series)
- Interviews with in-front or behind the camera personnel
- Opinion Pieces
- Topical Discussions
- Themed articles (e.g. minorities in Doctor Who, etc…)
- Articles related to the new series
- Quality original fiction
- Original comics
- Convention reports
- Era overviews/assessments (eg. the Hinchcliffe years, season 14, etc…)
- Other similarly written material
- Or submissions can be material to fit in one of our regular features:
- Retroplay (reviews of specific episodes)
- Reviews (short reviews of Doctor Who books, games, videos, DVDs, etc…)
- Readers Letters (letters from readers to Whotopia)
Articles should be insightful, informative, grammatically correct and well-written, but not to read like something from college textbooks. Material should still retain that element of ‘fun’.
And if you’ve got an idea for article, please feel free to drop us a quick note and let us know what your idea is about.
Standard word count (approximates) are:
- 800 words = 1 page
- 1500 words = 2 pages
- 2200 words = 3 pages
- 3000 words = 4 pages
- 3600 words = 5 pages
Please check with us first before submitting material longer than 3000 words/4 pages.
Material for publication should be submitted in either text (.txt or .rtf) or Word (.doc) format documents, and sent as attachments in an e-mail.
As we are a fan publication, at this time we do not pay for material submitted to us. However in lieu of this, what we can offer contributors is a chance to have their work published, to be exposed to readers Whotopia reserves the right to reject material that it does not feel would be suitable for our magazine.