Fellow Whovians may be interested in the picture below featuring original third Doctor Jon Pertwee and son Sean Pertwee, who bears a striking resemblance to his father.
We’ve extended the Issue 28 submission deadline to June 20th.
A quick reminder that the submission deadline for Issue 28 is this Saturday June 6th.
Submissions intended for publication should be submitted by this time. Thanks.
Quick reminder folks.
If you’re planning to submit an article for Issue 28, please make sure you submit it in either a text (.txt) or MS Word (.doc, docx) format. Send the document as an email attachment. Thanks.
And if you’d like to have a look at the Whotopia House Style guidelines, you can find them at:
As you’ve no doubt heard by now Whotopia is returning to print and we’re gearing up for publication of Issue 28 our first new issue in over a year and a half.
We’re wanting to let you know that we’re seeking material for the upcoming issue. We’re looking for a good mix of serious, investigative, informative and lighthearted articles, features and columns; material that is:
- Material of a controversial, or topical, nature that would inspire feedback from our readers.
- Investigative type articles.
- Lighthearted and/or comical material that are witty, cute, funny and charming. (Nothing sophomoric or juvenile.)
- Material focusing on Torchwood, Sarah Jane Adventures and the recent K9 series.
- Material concentrating on Doctor Who’s vast history and its early days as a television series.
- Material that focus on fandom, fandom history, and what it’s like to be a fan of the world’s longest running science fiction series.
Deadline for Issue 28 is: June 6, 2015
Submitted material should follow the standard Whotopia word count (approximates) which are:
- 800 words = 1 page
- 1500 words = 2 pages
- 2200 words = 3 pages
- 3000 words = 4 pages
- Please check with us first before submitting material longer than 3000 words/4 pages.
Material for publication should be submitted in either text (.txt or .rtf) or Word (.doc) format documents, and sent as attachments in an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
And, as a quick reminder, we’re still looking to hear from those of you who would like to pen a regularly featured column in the zine. If you’ve got an idea for a column, please feel free to drop us a quick note and let us know what your idea is about.
Look forward to hearing from you.
Bob & Jez
Want to follow us on Twitter?
You can find us @
A quick update for those of you who are planning to contribute to the forthcoming new issue of Whotopia. We’re currently working out a schedule and timeline for future issues but we…
- can confirm that the issue will appear in the second half of 2015 (definitely sometime after August),
- the page count for each issue will likely be kept to around the 60 page mark,
- there will be a new logo; and,
- that June 6th will likely be the deadline to submit material intended for publication.
We hope to confirm the above and other information regarding publication of Issue 28 in the coming days, so stay tuned to this blog for further updates and information.